CORE Course with Firearm Safety Course
The Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is required if you’re interested in obtaining your Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) for non-restricted firearms. (more info)
The C.O.R.E (Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education) course is required for anyone aged 10 & older to obtain a B.C. Resident Hunter Number Card.
CORE Course covers:
- Laws and Regulations
- First-Aid and Survival
- Firearm Safety
- Animal and Bird Identification
- Indigenous Rights
Course is 4 evenings Monday to Thursday from 7pm to 11pm each night.
Firearm Safety Course covers:
- The evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
- Basic firearms safety practices;
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe handling and carry procedures;
- Firing techniques and procedures;
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and
- Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms.
Course is one day from 9am to about 6pm.
Cost including test fees, taxes and manual for CORE is $300.00
Please select date for Firearm Safety Course and make a note of preferred date for CORE.