Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Course
The Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is required if you’re interested in obtaining your Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) for non-restricted firearms. Students between the ages of 12 and 18 will receive a Possession Only Minor’s License, which can be renewed as a PAL at eighteen.
Course length: 8 hours Start time: 9am
Cost: $160.00 incl. test fees and GST.
Does not include government licensing fee.
Manual can be purchased at a cost of $20.00 or you can download and print a copy of the PAL Manual PDF
- The evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
- Basic firearms safety practices;
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe handling and carry procedures;
- Firing techniques and procedures;
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and
- Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms.